Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Puzzle Battleship Sorrow

Endless massive fragments of failed project everywhere, a mall of shops selling products that could not be bought, a gallery of ideas overbooked with failing expectations; I stole her car keys, sat in it going nowhere, my apprehension relieved by her post-forgiving approval; transudation blurring finishing lines, walked around a corner of emotions, stumbled into her irises once more, hiding a florescent makeup bag, not hers, not mine, smiling reflections of a match once played, insights failing, innards gaining relevance, a warm exchange, I returned her cars keys, unsure if I had done that right, lingering holes all over her negligee, back to work.

Fiends urged me to go play Battleships with her, “go on…” “go play Battleships with her…” I hesitated yet went, daringly dreading my exploding anxieties, puzzle fragments without a photograph, gave her a game of Sorry.

RC